Presentation attendance is important for keeping sharp and up to date on topics and techniques. With that in mind, I often attend seminars and presentations on a variety of topics, What Is Barco Clickshare in South Africa from business development and consultancy to investing and asset management. Most recently, I attended a seminar from David Lerner and Associates on “Building and Protecting your Assets.” While this is clearly a sales seminar, looking to create a buying impulse, it also provided great information and food for thought. Mostly, however, I want to discuss the techniques used in the seminar, as I found it to be very well done.
I will begin by saying that David Lerner is a very polished and entertaining speaker. His use of technology was well integrated with his manner of walking the room. Three video screens were used, Barco Wireless Presentation System One large central screen and two smaller screens to allow the viewers at the peripheries to see the information clearly as well. On top of this, a wireless sound system was used to project the speaker’s voice effectively. The facility was a moderate sized convention center/ballroom, with a crowd that I would estimate at 600 people.
Utilizing an array of speakers connected to a wireless receiver, and a handheld wireless microphone, every word was able to be heard clearly. Volume and clarity are both key factors for successful speakers. However, it was not so much the technical details which made this a good presentation, it was the presentation style. Mr. Lerner made several overtures to connect with the audience effectively. First, he was adept at using humor, which is often touted as a public speaking tool.
I personally liked his references to Mel Brooks’ movies, as I am a huge fan of his work. Bringing the audience back to those references at points throughout the presentation also created memory points for the audience. This is a fantastic technique for getting an audience to remember key points, Clickshare Powerpoint Presenter View without seeming like a pushy teacher. Mr. Lerner also connected with the audience by sharing details and experiences from his personal life. Humanizing yourself as a speaker should not be discounted; an audience is far more likely to “buy in” to a speaker’s pitch if they see him as one of their own rather than an outsider. Sharing stories that the audience can relate to is crucial, but a speaker must know the audience well enough to make this work. Both the humor and personal connection set the audience at ease and allow for a greater capacity to listen and accept what is being shared without a highly guarded affect.
What Is Barco Clickshare in South Africa ?
The short answer is yes.
Toastmasters can help you improve your presentation skills. Toastmasters has helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world improve their presentation, public speaking, and communication skills.
My Experience with Toastmasters
I joined Toastmasters to improve my presentation skills. I was a member for seven years. During that time I actively participated in meetings, on the executive, in public speaking contests and in the promotion of membership. I contributed articles, letters and tips regularly to Toastmaster Magazine. I presented at officer training programs, regional conferences and at two international conferences.
Membership in Toastmasters was a series of positive experiences for me. If you want to get the most from any organization or experience contribute and participate. This article is my opinion of my experience as a member of Toastmasters. As a professional speaker and presentation skills trainer I am often asked about Toastmasters.
What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters is a nonprofit association primarily focused on improving the presentation skills of its members. Through participation in the administration of the volunteer structure Toastmasters also offers leadership development. Anyone can join. Pay your membership fees and you are a member. Volunteer to lead and you can be a club, area or regional officer. Naturally you will be expected to invest time, effort and commitment.
How does Toastmasters work?
The grassroots of this organization are the Toastmasters clubs. The number of members in a club can vary from 10 to 30. My club had approximately 25 members and attendance at weekly meetings varied between 8 and 20. A bonus is that after you join a club you can attend any other club meetings at no extra cost. I recommend that you visit other clubs to experience different perspectives.
What does it cost?
Membership cost is the sum of international membership plus the club costs. When I was a member the total annual fee was a few hundred dollars. Club costs are based on the cost of the meeting room. So if the meeting room is free, that portion could be zero. Many clubs get the use of company meeting rooms for free. In either case it's an incredibly inexpensive deal.
What is the Toastmasters formula?
Simple, practical repeatable systems. Each new member receives a study guide with 10 speeches that the new Toastmaster can work through. The idea is to focus their growth on specific presentation techniques and to encourage them to participate regularly at club meetings. That's the real key - attend and participate.
Toastmasters follows a system for improving your public speaking skills. You learn the fundamentals, are encouraged to practice, receive peer feedback and are warmly welcomed at every meeting.
The Key Benefits to Joining Toastmasters?
It's inexpensive. They have a proven record of success. You are offered a system of effective public speaking techniques. You will receive enthusiastic support from your club members. You will make new friends.
What Is a Wireless USB Card?
When considering interactive technology tool rentals, you need to think about how you might use them at your meeting or event. Lets explore four of these technologies: computer kiosk, wireless audience response system, iPad, and Tablet PC.
Computer kiosks function just like a PC and feature an intuitive touchscreen interface. These units are extremely popular at trade shows, association meetings, and product launching events. Some of the applications they are used for are:
- Internet and email access for attendees
- Information center: The event meeting services organization can load meeting agendas, speaker profiles, and more on the kiosk.
- Interactive digital signage to direct attendees to various breakout sessions
- Event registration and check-in
- Product and/or service demonstrations
Audience Response Systems
Wireless Audience Response Systems are small touchpad devices used in many meetings and events. Some of the more popular uses are:
- Product Launching Event: Motivate and engage your audience while certifying learning and increasing retention of key messages.
- Focus Groups: Give every participant a chance to have their say, providing valuable insight into the thoughts and feelings of the entire audience.
- Training & Certification: Teach them and then test their knowledge.
- Hybrid Meetings: Wireless Audience Response Systems can work with live and online audience simultaneously to create the ultimate meeting.
- Member Meetings, Elections, and Shareholder Meetings: Vote without collecting paper tallies
When does it make sense to rent iPads? More and more participants do not want to lug their laptop to a meeting, and more and more event meeting services applications are being written for this platform. Some common applications are:
- ShowGuide application provides conference attendees a convenient tool to navigate conferences without having to carry bulky printed guides.
- Audio Office Notes uses tags so you can jump to the important parts of an event instantly, without listening to the whole thing.
- Grupio provides instant access to event details, social networking (Facebook and twitter), live updates from organizers and more. As an attendee, you can access event schedule, sessions, speakers and exhibitors.
- SoundPaper is the best way to take notes in meetings. It tracks what you type while recording audio, so you'll never have to worry about missing anything.
When considering whether or not to rent Tablet PCs, think about your audience. If they are primarily MS Office users and have laptops they will probably carry to the conference, you are probably better off renting Tablet PCs and asking them to leave their laptops at home. A Tablet PC can provide your audience with the following:
- Run all the Microsoft Applications on the Tablet PC and upload it to the main computer or save on a USB drive
- Annotate Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with the stylus
- Sketch ideas
- Create handwritten notes and drawings
- There is no physical barrier between attendees, unlike a laptop screen
- A Tablet PC is as inconspicuous as a notebook and the notes are searchable as typed text