Presentation attendance is important for keeping sharp and up to date on topics and techniques. With that in mind, I often attend seminars and presentations on a variety of topics, Barco Csm Cost in Johannesburg from business development and consultancy to investing and asset management. Most recently, I attended a seminar from David Lerner and Associates on “Building and Protecting your Assets.” While this is clearly a sales seminar, looking to create a buying impulse, it also provided great information and food for thought. Mostly, however, I want to discuss the techniques used in the seminar, as I found it to be very well done.
I will begin by saying that David Lerner is a very polished and entertaining speaker. His use of technology was well integrated with his manner of walking the room. Three video screens were used, Clickshare Button Manager One large central screen and two smaller screens to allow the viewers at the peripheries to see the information clearly as well. On top of this, a wireless sound system was used to project the speaker’s voice effectively. The facility was a moderate sized convention center/ballroom, with a crowd that I would estimate at 600 people.
Utilizing an array of speakers connected to a wireless receiver, and a handheld wireless microphone, every word was able to be heard clearly. Volume and clarity are both key factors for successful speakers. However, it was not so much the technical details which made this a good presentation, it was the presentation style. Mr. Lerner made several overtures to connect with the audience effectively. First, he was adept at using humor, which is often touted as a public speaking tool.
I personally liked his references to Mel Brooks’ movies, as I am a huge fan of his work. Bringing the audience back to those references at points throughout the presentation also created memory points for the audience. This is a fantastic technique for getting an audience to remember key points, Barco Presenter without seeming like a pushy teacher. Mr. Lerner also connected with the audience by sharing details and experiences from his personal life. Humanizing yourself as a speaker should not be discounted; an audience is far more likely to “buy in” to a speaker’s pitch if they see him as one of their own rather than an outsider. Sharing stories that the audience can relate to is crucial, but a speaker must know the audience well enough to make this work. Both the humor and personal connection set the audience at ease and allow for a greater capacity to listen and accept what is being shared without a highly guarded affect.
Barco Csm Cost in Johannesburg ?
With the increasing use of cell phones and computer text messaging, an in-house paging system is still proven to be the fastest and most reliable way to alert and notify facility personnel. The main benefits of having on-site wireless paging systems are:
• Reliability - Poor RF signal reception is a common cell phone issue within many facilities, especially in heavy structured buildings and sub-level floors. Cell phone reception is as good as the closest cell tower, meaning dropped calls and poor reception can be a constant problem for any facility not near a cell tower. An onsite paging system uses a local radio transmitter designed to provide full RF coverage to an entire facility, which ensures reliable text messaging at any time.
• Speed -Text message transmission timing (the time it takes a message to reach its destination) is fully dependant on the service provider and the communication load, explaining why text messages can take several minutes to be delivered. With an on-site paging system, a message is delivered within 2-3 seconds at all times, regardless if it was sent to a single pager or a large group of pagers.
• Safety - Cell phones are a great connectivity tool, but they present a few unacceptable safety and privacy issues. All cell phone activities are tracked and documented by their service providers - information that can find its way into the wrong hands. Features such as built-in cameras, GPS and microphones present great risks for private meetings, information-sensitive work, secured areas, etc. Having an in-house paging system ensures that you are in control over all of your private information. Another safety issue is cell phone radiation, especially in indoor locations with poor reception. Low reception causes cell phones to use their maximum power to stay in touch with the local cell tower, creating more radiation and a larger threat to the user. An in-house paging system functions as a one-way communication link. Since the pagers are only receiving data, they produce no radiation.
• Control - Using an in-house paging system also means having complete control over your urgent messaging needs, instead of placing an outside company in charge. Rather than paying monthly cell phone charges or renting pagers from an outside provider, an in-house paging system carries no additional costs after the initial system purchase.
Today's modern paging systems offer much more than just text messaging. These systems can control products such as alphanumeric LED displays for public areas, wireless speakers for PA voice messaging and wireless strobe lights for special visual notifications. When used together, these products can improve safety and communication in any facility.
For more information regarding on-site paging solutions, visit http://www.visiplex.com/products/onsite_paging.html
Tips While Choosing a Meeting Room
When considering interactive technology tool rentals, you need to think about how you might use them at your meeting or event. Lets explore four of these technologies: computer kiosk, wireless audience response system, iPad, and Tablet PC.
Computer kiosks function just like a PC and feature an intuitive touchscreen interface. These units are extremely popular at trade shows, association meetings, and product launching events. Some of the applications they are used for are:
- Internet and email access for attendees
- Information center: The event meeting services organization can load meeting agendas, speaker profiles, and more on the kiosk.
- Interactive digital signage to direct attendees to various breakout sessions
- Event registration and check-in
- Product and/or service demonstrations
Audience Response Systems
Wireless Audience Response Systems are small touchpad devices used in many meetings and events. Some of the more popular uses are:
- Product Launching Event: Motivate and engage your audience while certifying learning and increasing retention of key messages.
- Focus Groups: Give every participant a chance to have their say, providing valuable insight into the thoughts and feelings of the entire audience.
- Training & Certification: Teach them and then test their knowledge.
- Hybrid Meetings: Wireless Audience Response Systems can work with live and online audience simultaneously to create the ultimate meeting.
- Member Meetings, Elections, and Shareholder Meetings: Vote without collecting paper tallies
When does it make sense to rent iPads? More and more participants do not want to lug their laptop to a meeting, and more and more event meeting services applications are being written for this platform. Some common applications are:
- ShowGuide application provides conference attendees a convenient tool to navigate conferences without having to carry bulky printed guides.
- Audio Office Notes uses tags so you can jump to the important parts of an event instantly, without listening to the whole thing.
- Grupio provides instant access to event details, social networking (Facebook and twitter), live updates from organizers and more. As an attendee, you can access event schedule, sessions, speakers and exhibitors.
- SoundPaper is the best way to take notes in meetings. It tracks what you type while recording audio, so you'll never have to worry about missing anything.
When considering whether or not to rent Tablet PCs, think about your audience. If they are primarily MS Office users and have laptops they will probably carry to the conference, you are probably better off renting Tablet PCs and asking them to leave their laptops at home. A Tablet PC can provide your audience with the following:
- Run all the Microsoft Applications on the Tablet PC and upload it to the main computer or save on a USB drive
- Annotate Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with the stylus
- Sketch ideas
- Create handwritten notes and drawings
- There is no physical barrier between attendees, unlike a laptop screen
- A Tablet PC is as inconspicuous as a notebook and the notes are searchable as typed text