Presentation attendance is important for keeping sharp and up to date on topics and techniques. With that in mind, I often attend seminars and presentations on a variety of topics, Clickshare Projector Cost in Johannesburg from business development and consultancy to investing and asset management. Most recently, I attended a seminar from David Lerner and Associates on “Building and Protecting your Assets.” While this is clearly a sales seminar, looking to create a buying impulse, it also provided great information and food for thought. Mostly, however, I want to discuss the techniques used in the seminar, as I found it to be very well done.
I will begin by saying that David Lerner is a very polished and entertaining speaker. His use of technology was well integrated with his manner of walking the room. Three video screens were used, Clickshare Wireless Presentation System One large central screen and two smaller screens to allow the viewers at the peripheries to see the information clearly as well. On top of this, a wireless sound system was used to project the speaker’s voice effectively. The facility was a moderate sized convention center/ballroom, with a crowd that I would estimate at 600 people.
Utilizing an array of speakers connected to a wireless receiver, and a handheld wireless microphone, every word was able to be heard clearly. Volume and clarity are both key factors for successful speakers. However, it was not so much the technical details which made this a good presentation, it was the presentation style. Mr. Lerner made several overtures to connect with the audience effectively. First, he was adept at using humor, which is often touted as a public speaking tool.
I personally liked his references to Mel Brooks’ movies, as I am a huge fan of his work. Bringing the audience back to those references at points throughout the presentation also created memory points for the audience. This is a fantastic technique for getting an audience to remember key points, Click And Share Barco without seeming like a pushy teacher. Mr. Lerner also connected with the audience by sharing details and experiences from his personal life. Humanizing yourself as a speaker should not be discounted; an audience is far more likely to “buy in” to a speaker’s pitch if they see him as one of their own rather than an outsider. Sharing stories that the audience can relate to is crucial, but a speaker must know the audience well enough to make this work. Both the humor and personal connection set the audience at ease and allow for a greater capacity to listen and accept what is being shared without a highly guarded affect.
Clickshare Projector Cost in Johannesburg ?
Vast changes in Internet accessibility have given birth to wireless connections most anywhere. Wireless Fidelity (Wi-fi) still requires access points to be established and for a hotel to compete, these wi-fi hotspots are a must. Business professionals today are tethered to their offices by handheld devices, laptop computers and computer tablets.
Business people that travel between events, client meetings and branch offices often require overnight accommodations. The hotel that they select must have an easy and reliable access to the internet and if that hotel fails to deliver on this one element, that business person may refuse to stay there again. Therefore, wireless high speed internet in hotels is mandatory for any business event an event coordinator may be planning. Many business presentations today leverage rich media that requires wider bandwidths. Streaming video from the internet and graphic heavy presentations are very common. Hotel owners are always after higher guest satisfaction ratings and must stay on this cutting edge to satisfy the growing demand for more bandwidth.. It is the owner's responsibility to choose the best hotel internet provider for their location. In some cases, the entire network within a hospitality property may need to be upgraded to take advantage of greater connection speeds and wider bandwidth. The fast reliable wireless connections for the hotel business center are just not enough if you plan on accommodating business events at your property.
Sometimes business seminars and educational events may last 2 - 3 days. Some of these participants will choose to stay at your property during this multi day event. For these folks it is imperative that the wireless internet for guest rooms rivals the hsia for hotel meeting rooms. Wi-fi for motels is just as important for that weary traveler who chooses this option. Often a larger host hotel is surrounded by some of these smaller properties. Staying connected to check important emails, complete online reports and interact with the company's Virtual Private Network helps these seminar attendees conduct business before retiring for the evening.
Hotel management should have the network support team provide local wifi installation in their motel. Wi-fi for a business center is also an advantage for the hotel owner. A networked printer can be set up in these secure business centers for guests and visitors but they will still need fast reliable wireless and business center hotspots to connect with these networked printers. Nonetheless, to have the best internet connection either wired or wireless, business owners should consider the speed of the connection and choose the ideal internet service company that compliments your guest's satisfaction for the other areas of your operation.
There should always be wi-fi hotspots for hotel meeting space if you are trying to attract a business clientele. Wi-fi for meeting rooms is measurable and therefore billable to the client if you choose. Most businesses understand that bandwidth has value and most meeting planners expect to see these charges.
By and large, wireless internet connection is a necessity for business, your business and your client's business.
Planning A Video Conference
When considering interactive technology tool rentals, you need to think about how you might use them at your meeting or event. Lets explore four of these technologies: computer kiosk, wireless audience response system, iPad, and Tablet PC.
Computer kiosks function just like a PC and feature an intuitive touchscreen interface. These units are extremely popular at trade shows, association meetings, and product launching events. Some of the applications they are used for are:
- Internet and email access for attendees
- Information center: The event meeting services organization can load meeting agendas, speaker profiles, and more on the kiosk.
- Interactive digital signage to direct attendees to various breakout sessions
- Event registration and check-in
- Product and/or service demonstrations
Audience Response Systems
Wireless Audience Response Systems are small touchpad devices used in many meetings and events. Some of the more popular uses are:
- Product Launching Event: Motivate and engage your audience while certifying learning and increasing retention of key messages.
- Focus Groups: Give every participant a chance to have their say, providing valuable insight into the thoughts and feelings of the entire audience.
- Training & Certification: Teach them and then test their knowledge.
- Hybrid Meetings: Wireless Audience Response Systems can work with live and online audience simultaneously to create the ultimate meeting.
- Member Meetings, Elections, and Shareholder Meetings: Vote without collecting paper tallies
When does it make sense to rent iPads? More and more participants do not want to lug their laptop to a meeting, and more and more event meeting services applications are being written for this platform. Some common applications are:
- ShowGuide application provides conference attendees a convenient tool to navigate conferences without having to carry bulky printed guides.
- Audio Office Notes uses tags so you can jump to the important parts of an event instantly, without listening to the whole thing.
- Grupio provides instant access to event details, social networking (Facebook and twitter), live updates from organizers and more. As an attendee, you can access event schedule, sessions, speakers and exhibitors.
- SoundPaper is the best way to take notes in meetings. It tracks what you type while recording audio, so you'll never have to worry about missing anything.
When considering whether or not to rent Tablet PCs, think about your audience. If they are primarily MS Office users and have laptops they will probably carry to the conference, you are probably better off renting Tablet PCs and asking them to leave their laptops at home. A Tablet PC can provide your audience with the following:
- Run all the Microsoft Applications on the Tablet PC and upload it to the main computer or save on a USB drive
- Annotate Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with the stylus
- Sketch ideas
- Create handwritten notes and drawings
- There is no physical barrier between attendees, unlike a laptop screen
- A Tablet PC is as inconspicuous as a notebook and the notes are searchable as typed text