Presentation attendance is important for keeping sharp and up to date on topics and techniques. With that in mind, I often attend seminars and presentations on a variety of topics, What Is Barco Clickshare Launcher in Johannesburg from business development and consultancy to investing and asset management. Most recently, I attended a seminar from David Lerner and Associates on “Building and Protecting your Assets.” While this is clearly a sales seminar, looking to create a buying impulse, it also provided great information and food for thought. Mostly, however, I want to discuss the techniques used in the seminar, as I found it to be very well done.
I will begin by saying that David Lerner is a very polished and entertaining speaker. His use of technology was well integrated with his manner of walking the room. Three video screens were used, Clickshare Button Holder One large central screen and two smaller screens to allow the viewers at the peripheries to see the information clearly as well. On top of this, a wireless sound system was used to project the speaker’s voice effectively. The facility was a moderate sized convention center/ballroom, with a crowd that I would estimate at 600 people.
Utilizing an array of speakers connected to a wireless receiver, and a handheld wireless microphone, every word was able to be heard clearly. Volume and clarity are both key factors for successful speakers. However, it was not so much the technical details which made this a good presentation, it was the presentation style. Mr. Lerner made several overtures to connect with the audience effectively. First, he was adept at using humor, which is often touted as a public speaking tool.
I personally liked his references to Mel Brooks’ movies, as I am a huge fan of his work. Bringing the audience back to those references at points throughout the presentation also created memory points for the audience. This is a fantastic technique for getting an audience to remember key points, Barco Wireless Presentation without seeming like a pushy teacher. Mr. Lerner also connected with the audience by sharing details and experiences from his personal life. Humanizing yourself as a speaker should not be discounted; an audience is far more likely to “buy in” to a speaker’s pitch if they see him as one of their own rather than an outsider. Sharing stories that the audience can relate to is crucial, but a speaker must know the audience well enough to make this work. Both the humor and personal connection set the audience at ease and allow for a greater capacity to listen and accept what is being shared without a highly guarded affect.
What Is Barco Clickshare Launcher in Johannesburg ?
While conferencing through the use of the web or the telephone will probably be done through equipment you already have, video conferencing will require the purchase of some additional products. Some companies will need a specialized dual screen display which will allow you to see the other side of the conference on one screen and any charts or reports on the other. If you do not need a dual screen, you may be able to use computer screens already in your conference room, but often a display will need to be purchased to accommodate the demands of video conferencing. A system will also have to be purchased that has been designed with the components necessary for video conferencing. This system should include all of the audio and video components needed as well as any wiring that will be necessary to connect component to the display screen.
This may sound like a hefty investment, but in the long run, it will still save you thousands over travel expenses when sending one or more associates to attend conferences out of state. With today's gas prices, it may also save money over sending associates to conferences in state. The components and displays necessary will be a sizable investment, yet your company can hardly afford to do without. This allows you to communicate with other companies anywhere in the world without having to leave your office.
Once you have all the necessary components for the video conference, you will need to find a video conferencing service to provide you the connection between yourself and the business you're interested in conferencing with. Once you've done your homework and found the service that will provide you what you need at the most efficient price, you can begin to plan the conference. Again, you'll need to choose a time in which you all parties are free and available for a certain block of time. You'll also need to prepare any presentations and visual aids in advance. Once those have been prepared, you can set up the actual service with the service provider. They will provide you with the connection needed and any assistance from an operator while the call is taking place.
The video conferencing services will allow your connection to be made and allow your conference to take place. Pricing is typically done through a monthly charge based on how many participants will be included. Dependent on how many will participate in the conference will decide whether your monthly fee is close to $50 a month or up to $500 a month when you have up to 100 people involved in the conference.
A video conference will give more of a feeling of being directly in the conference as if you're all in the same room. Presentations can be given flawlessly and charts and other visual aids can be included with no miscommunication. The one time investment in the tools necessary for this type of conference is well worth the investment as business can be done easily and quickly through this advanced technology.
Meeting and Event Solutions With Interactive Technology Tools
When considering interactive technology tool rentals, you need to think about how you might use them at your meeting or event. Lets explore four of these technologies: computer kiosk, wireless audience response system, iPad, and Tablet PC.
Computer kiosks function just like a PC and feature an intuitive touchscreen interface. These units are extremely popular at trade shows, association meetings, and product launching events. Some of the applications they are used for are:
- Internet and email access for attendees
- Information center: The event meeting services organization can load meeting agendas, speaker profiles, and more on the kiosk.
- Interactive digital signage to direct attendees to various breakout sessions
- Event registration and check-in
- Product and/or service demonstrations
Audience Response Systems
Wireless Audience Response Systems are small touchpad devices used in many meetings and events. Some of the more popular uses are:
- Product Launching Event: Motivate and engage your audience while certifying learning and increasing retention of key messages.
- Focus Groups: Give every participant a chance to have their say, providing valuable insight into the thoughts and feelings of the entire audience.
- Training & Certification: Teach them and then test their knowledge.
- Hybrid Meetings: Wireless Audience Response Systems can work with live and online audience simultaneously to create the ultimate meeting.
- Member Meetings, Elections, and Shareholder Meetings: Vote without collecting paper tallies
When does it make sense to rent iPads? More and more participants do not want to lug their laptop to a meeting, and more and more event meeting services applications are being written for this platform. Some common applications are:
- ShowGuide application provides conference attendees a convenient tool to navigate conferences without having to carry bulky printed guides.
- Audio Office Notes uses tags so you can jump to the important parts of an event instantly, without listening to the whole thing.
- Grupio provides instant access to event details, social networking (Facebook and twitter), live updates from organizers and more. As an attendee, you can access event schedule, sessions, speakers and exhibitors.
- SoundPaper is the best way to take notes in meetings. It tracks what you type while recording audio, so you'll never have to worry about missing anything.
When considering whether or not to rent Tablet PCs, think about your audience. If they are primarily MS Office users and have laptops they will probably carry to the conference, you are probably better off renting Tablet PCs and asking them to leave their laptops at home. A Tablet PC can provide your audience with the following:
- Run all the Microsoft Applications on the Tablet PC and upload it to the main computer or save on a USB drive
- Annotate Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with the stylus
- Sketch ideas
- Create handwritten notes and drawings
- There is no physical barrier between attendees, unlike a laptop screen
- A Tablet PC is as inconspicuous as a notebook and the notes are searchable as typed text