How to Choose the Best Wireless PA System For Your Business?
A wireless PA system is a tool that can save you hundreds of dollars in wiring and trenching costs in situations where you need to install a PA system in a pre-existing building.
PA systems are very common in auditoriums, churches, malls, construction sites, schools, and many business establishments. The problem is that not all buildings were wired for system and retrofitting the building would be very costly and messy. Also, wiring gets old and may eventually stop working. This article will give you tips in choosing a wireless PA system that is affordable, easy to setup, and install.
Before you purchase your device, spend a few minutes of your time on studying these tips on how to choose the right one for your business.
1. Some wireless PA systems allow you to use your mobile two-way radios to send out voice messages to wireless speakers. These same two way radios can be used to reply to pages. That gives everyone full mobility.
2. If you have an existing wired PA system, you want to look for a system that lets you wirelessly interface to allow two-way radios to make pages over it.
3. Consider the size of your property. If you have a farm or a big hangar, or if you have a large property, make sure that you select a unit that has good range. You can get systems that can reach up to 2 miles away.
4. The loudspeaker of a wireless PA system usually is enough to cover up to 100 feet of space. But if your area is too noisy, or you just want to widen the coverage even more, you should choose a wireless PA system that allows you to install two loudspeakers on a single unit. It instantly doubles your coverage area without having to buy the complete set.
5. If there are obstacles that hinder your PA system from receiving signals, then you should also think about buying a unit that supports use of an external antenna that can instantly increase the receiving range of your unit.
6. Carefully plan where you are going to set up and install the unit. If you need to install a unit outside, look for a unit that has a weatherproof enclosure to protect it from the elements.
7. Since a wireless PA uses publicly available frequencies, you’ll want a unit that lets you program codes to restrict transmission of signals outside of your network. With this additional security feature, only radios with the right coding are allowed access.
8. If your business requires the installation of multiple wireless PA receivers, go for a unit that has zone paging. A zone paging feature allows you to send your message in different locations without having to use multiple frequencies. This is possible because of a distinctive paging code can be set up on each unit. With just a single frequency, you can send your message in just one area or you can send it to all units at once.
9. Feedback is the most common problem if the two-way radio is used in the same area as the PA system. So if you are always mobile and still want to broadcast via the PA system using your two-way radio, then check if the wireless PA system is able to record incoming messages and play them back over the loudspeaker only when the talk button is not being pressed by the announcer. There are commercial PA systems that allow you to record up to 20 seconds for playback after the message is received.
10. If you are going to use the system for emergency purposes, make sure you have one that has battery backup power so it can make pages even when the power is out.
A wireless PA system is a wise investment for any business that requires two-way communication to employees or customers. It is affordable and it can be quickly installed without tearing apart your property. Just follow these 10 simple tips and you are well on your way to buying the perfect wireless PA system for your business.
Independent Software Testing Services
When considering interactive technology tool rentals, you need to think about how you might use them at your meeting or event. Lets explore four of these technologies: computer kiosk, wireless audience response system, iPad, and Tablet PC.
Computer kiosks function just like a PC and feature an intuitive touchscreen interface. These units are extremely popular at trade shows, association meetings, and product launching events. Some of the applications they are used for are:
- Internet and email access for attendees
- Information center: The event meeting services organization can load meeting agendas, speaker profiles, and more on the kiosk.
- Interactive digital signage to direct attendees to various breakout sessions
- Event registration and check-in
- Product and/or service demonstrations
Audience Response Systems
Wireless Audience Response Systems are small touchpad devices used in many meetings and events. Some of the more popular uses are:
- Product Launching Event: Motivate and engage your audience while certifying learning and increasing retention of key messages.
- Focus Groups: Give every participant a chance to have their say, providing valuable insight into the thoughts and feelings of the entire audience.
- Training & Certification: Teach them and then test their knowledge.
- Hybrid Meetings: Wireless Audience Response Systems can work with live and online audience simultaneously to create the ultimate meeting.
- Member Meetings, Elections, and Shareholder Meetings: Vote without collecting paper tallies
When does it make sense to rent iPads? More and more participants do not want to lug their laptop to a meeting, and more and more event meeting services applications are being written for this platform. Some common applications are:
- ShowGuide application provides conference attendees a convenient tool to navigate conferences without having to carry bulky printed guides.
- Audio Office Notes uses tags so you can jump to the important parts of an event instantly, without listening to the whole thing.
- Grupio provides instant access to event details, social networking (Facebook and twitter), live updates from organizers and more. As an attendee, you can access event schedule, sessions, speakers and exhibitors.
- SoundPaper is the best way to take notes in meetings. It tracks what you type while recording audio, so you'll never have to worry about missing anything.
When considering whether or not to rent Tablet PCs, think about your audience. If they are primarily MS Office users and have laptops they will probably carry to the conference, you are probably better off renting Tablet PCs and asking them to leave their laptops at home. A Tablet PC can provide your audience with the following:
- Run all the Microsoft Applications on the Tablet PC and upload it to the main computer or save on a USB drive
- Annotate Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with the stylus
- Sketch ideas
- Create handwritten notes and drawings
- There is no physical barrier between attendees, unlike a laptop screen
- A Tablet PC is as inconspicuous as a notebook and the notes are searchable as typed text
Public Speaking - Room Setup Makes a Big Difference
What are Audience Response Systems?
Audience response systems are hardware and software combinations that allow a presenter, facilitator or instructor to add interactivity to presentations, focus groups, classroom lectures and other group meetings.
The hardware component typically comes in the form of a wireless hand-held keypad with 7 - 10 buttons that are distributed to each member of the audience. A receiver, or "base station," connects to the presenter's computer and collects data from the keypad entries. The audience response software also resides on the presenter's computer, and includes presentation capabilities as well as data collection and reporting functions.
How Do Audience Response Systems Work?
The facilitator advances through the presentation, which has been projected onto a large screen. Some audience response software packages work directly within PowerPoint, while others have their own presentation software integrated with the polling slides. The audience, which could range in number from 2 to 20,000, interacts with the presentation using the wireless keypads. Each presentation slide poses a question and offers several possible responses. When all participants have responded (or time runs out), the aggregate data is graphically displayed within the presentation for all to see.
Presenter can either track polling results to individual participants or allow all inputs to remain anonymous. Polling situations that involve voting or consensus-building typically favor anonymity. Classroom or training environments, however, often require the professor or instructor to capture responses in order to grade quizzes or take attendance electronically.
Because of its unique versatility, and its contribution to ROI, audience response is utilized across a broad spectrum of industries. AV production companies use audience response systems for large-scale meetings and conferences; corporate trainers use portable audience response systems for on-the-road employee training; universities and other educational institutions employ audience response technologies in both small classrooms and large lecture halls.
Audience Response Offers Many Unique Benefits Unattainable Through Traditional Presentation Techniques
These are just a few of the potential benefits:
- Improves attentiveness
- Increases retention of information
- Offers anonymous polling
- Provides tracking features to gather individual responses
- Tallies and displays data immediately
- Speeds up decision making
- Emphasizes participant ownership of group decisions
- Creates an interactive and fun learning environment
- Gathers data for reporting and analysis
- Confirms participant understanding of key points immediately
- Barco Wireless Presentation South Africa
- Click Share Barco Johannesburg
- Clickshare Wireless Presentation South Africa
- Pair Clickshare Button South Africa
- Barco Clickshare Launcher Johannesburg
- Barco Clickshare Sound South Africa
- Barco Clickshare Alternative Johannesburg
- Clickshare Firmware Update Johannesburg
- Barco Clickshare Firmware Update South Africa
- Barco Clickshare Driver Johannesburg
- Barco Clickshare Price Johannesburg
- Clickshare Dongle South Africa
- Barco Csm Johannesburg
- Clickshare The Cse 200 South Africa
- Barco Button Cost South Africa
- Barco Clickshare Instructions South Africa
- Clickshare Instructions South Africa
- Barco Clickshare Software Price South Africa